(1) Out with the old,
in with the new!
Happy New year,
from me to you!
(2) Two years ago this day,
a bright light entered my world
as I gave birth to a beautiful baby,
a lovely little baby girl.
(3) Sitting here blindly staring at a blank screen,
trying to think of a verse, a thought, a scene;
But alas, writer’s block hits me on this day,
so I’ll just leave this empty thought and then be on my way!
(4) Blistering, biting, one degree,
snow covers the ground;
wind kicks up with delightful glee,
adding to the eerie winter sound.
(5) Insomnios, my nemesis, visited me last night;
in the form of a baby girl, who often puts up a fight.
She wakes and cries and doth protest,
with all of her baby might.
(6) The gray smoke rises, wafting from chimneys all around,
greeting the early morning light without a sound.
Oh to be that wafting smoke, rising above the trees-
to be above and see below, the pretty scenery.
(7) Last night Insomnios evaded me, and I got to catch some zzz’s;
Somnambula was by my side, walking with such ease.
She seemed quite bored not to have demons to keep at bay;
and I was able to sleep through the night until the break of day.